Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for a position?
- How long does it take to create a profile and apply to a position?
- What can I expect after submitting my resume?
- I applied to one position already and am interested in another position. Do I need to apply again?
- May I apply for multiple positions?
- I was on your website earlier and I saw a posting, but now it is gone. What does that mean?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- I know someone who works for Olympus. Should I send them my resume directly?
- My resume has recently changed. How do I update it within your system?
- I created a cover letter the first time I applied but I would like to update it for another position, how do I go about doing this?
- How do I indicate that I am an employee referral?
- How do I receive information about upcoming recruiting events or important careers information about Olympus?
- Are unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies accepted?
- I've applied to Olympus before, but now my login won't work. Why is this and how can I log in?
- What is an evergreen requisition?
1. How do I apply for a position?
To apply for a position, you need to create a profile on our career website, www.olympusamericacareers.com by clicking on the Browse Career Opportunities button and creating a profile. Once your profile is created, you can apply to open positions.
2. How long does it take to create a profile and apply to a position?
Typically, it takes 10-15 minutes to create your profile and apply to an open position.
3. What can I expect after submitting my resume?
Your resume will be reviewed by our Talent Acquisition team to determine if your background and skills are aligned with the position requirements. If we find that your qualifications match Olympus' needs, you will be contacted by phone or email. We receive a number of resumes for each opening and we are able to respond only to those candidates possessing qualifications most closely matching our position requirements.
4. I applied to one position already and am interested in another position. Do I need to apply again?
Yes, even though you still have a profile in the system and we make every effort to review previously received resumes, you need to apply to every job in which you are interested.
5. May I apply for multiple positions?
Yes. Applying for multiple positions of interest to you puts your resume in front of more Hiring Managers. Although some positions may sound similar, each Hiring Manager may be looking for something different in candidates.
6. I was on your website earlier and I saw a posting, but now it is gone. What does that mean?
Only positions which we are actively recruiting for are listed on our site. If you no longer see the posting listed, we are no longer looking to hire for that opening.
7. How can I check the status of my application?
You can log into the system at anytime and see the status of your application for which positions you have applied.
8. I know someone who works for Olympus. Should I send them my resume directly?
Because Olympus is a federal contractor; we must follow a consistent process regarding employment inquiries. As a matter of policy, all applicants must indicate their interest for a position by submitting their resumes through our career center website. Your resume will not be considered if it is not received in this manner.
9. My resume has recently changed. How do I update it within your system?
You can login to our Career Center and update your profile, replace your current resume, update your responses to our screening questions and manage your Job Search Agents. This can be done from the Career Center home page once you log into the system.
10. I created a cover letter the first time I applied but I would like to update it for another position, how do I go about doing this?
In order to update your cover letter, you will need to update you profile. You can do this by uploading a new resume and cover letter or pasting a new cover letter along with your resume in the cut-and-paste section of your profile. You are also able to have multiple cover letters and resumes saved in the system.
11. How do I indicate that I am an employee referral?
If your employee referral sends you a link to a job posting through our system, you will receive an email asking you to complete your profile online. This will link you to the referral and the job. If you apply directly to the job on your own, you can enter the employee who referred you under the question, “How did you hear about us?”
12. How do I receive information about upcoming recruiting events or important careers information about Olympus?
O/Scoop is our quarterly newsletter sent to applicants who are interested in learning more about our upcoming events and important career information. To sign up for the newsletter, access the O/Scoop link under "Related Links" on our career center.
13. Are unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies accepted?
No. Olympus does not accept unsolicited resumes. If you would like to learn more about being a vendor, please visit Olympusamericacareers.com and follow the link for Recruitment Agencies under the Careers tab. New vendors may be selected on limited basis throughout the year. If we wish to engage your business or learn more about your agency, Olympus Human Resources will contact you for further information.
14. I'VE APPLIED TO OLYMPUS BEFORE, BUT NOW MY LOGIN WON'T WORK. WHY IS THIS AND HOW CAN I LOG IN?
On January 12, 2015 Olympus Talent Acquisition launched a new Applicant Tracking System. If you applied to Olympus prior to January 12, 2015 you will need to create a new profile to apply to any current openings.
15.WHAT IS AN EVERGREEN REQUISITION?
An Evergreen requisition is an advertisement for positions that Olympus hires for throughout the year. An Evergreen Requisition is not for a specific job opening. Olympus is building a database of qualified candidates for future opportunities. When a position becomes available we will review resumes at that time.