The New C-3020 Zoom Offers Award-Winning Features Without the Price Tag
Melville, NY - Olympus America Inc., the world leader in film and filmless photography, today announced the C-3020 ZOOM 3.2 Megapixel (2048 x 1536 effective pixel resolution) filmless digital zoom camera to its line of award-winning digital cameras. The C-3020 ZOOM offers consumers an easy-to-use point & shoot camera with all the creative controls of an advanced camera - all for only $499.
Although simplicity of operation is clearly a focus, the C-3020 ZOOM is much more than a point & shoot camera. The C-3020 ZOOM combines a large collection of creative control features and high picture quality in a compact easy-to-use design. Based on the familiar and well-established Olympus C-3000 series of digital cameras, most of the advanced features of the award-winning Olympus C-3000 ZOOM are included: a 3X optical zoom aspherical glass lens with continuous 2.5X digital telephoto for a 7.5X total seamless zoom (32-240mm equivalent); 6 mode flash with a slow synchro red-eye reduction mode; and a host of manual exposure adjustments - all for that perfect picture. In addition, DPOF compatibility in the camera allows for easy setup and printing of the photographs you select.
New in the C-3020 ZOOM is 5 Scene Program Modes, which make the perfect shot easy, plus the customizable "My Mode" setting; USB Auto-Connect ready for Windows XP and Mac OSX for fast downloads; user-friendly menu system; extended battery life; and Noise Reduction modes.
Olympus digital cameras are well-known for their exceptionally high-quality images. Images captured with the C-3020 ZOOM produce photographs equivalent to that of many film-based cameras. This is achieved by a number of factors, including a "designed to be digital" truly world-class all glass 8-element 3X zoom lens with a fast f2.8-f11 aperture range, low compression ratios including an uncompressed mode, and a host of other sophisticated Olympus technologies. Because of these technologies, Olympus high quality images can be achieved above an 8" x 10" photo size.
- Noise Reduction System - Gives the user clean colors and sharp pictures. For exposures of 1/2 second or longer, the Noise Reduction Mode (when activated) automatically compares the original image with an image taken immediately after the first exposure with no light. This frame contains only the background noise. The C-3020 ZOOM then compares both images and cancels background noise in the original image for clearer, shaper pictures.
- My Mode - Creates unique custom camera settings that can be accessed by simply turning the mode dial to the "My Mode" position.
- New Scene Program Modes - Scene Program selects the perfect settings for portrait, sports, landscape-portrait, night-scene, and QuickTimeTM movie modes.
- USB Auto-Connect - Connects to most any USB-compatible Windows computer (running Windows Me, 2000, or XP) or Macintosh (running MacOS 8.6 - OSX) in seconds. The camera is configured as an external hard disk for easy downloading of image files to computers without any additional software.
- Extended Battery Life - New energy-saving circuitry gives longer battery life.
Suggested Retail Price: $599.95 Street Price: $499
For more information, contact Olympus America, Consumer Products Group, Two Corporate Center Dr., Melville, NY 11747-3157, ph: (631) 844-5000 or (800) 622-6372, Fax: (631) 844-5262.
Olympus America distributes a wide range of products for consumer, scientific, health care, commercial and industrial markets. These include film and filmless cameras, Microcassette and digital voice recorders, binoculars, film scanners, personal photo printers, medical and industrial endoscopes, biological and metallurgical microscopes and measuring instruments, clinical analyzers, and other high technology products. Olympus America is responsible for sales in Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America.
Camedia and Microcassette are trademarks of Olympus Optical Co. Ltd. Adobe is a registered trademark and PhotoDeluxe are trademarks of Adobe Systems Inc. QuickStitch is a trademark of Enroute, Inc. Microsoft is a registered trademark and Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corp. SmartMedia is a trademark of Toshiba America, Inc. Specifications subject to change without notice.
Note to Editors: photos and specifications of the C-3020 ZOOM are available from Thomas Public Relations, Inc. (631) 549-7575, http://www.thomas-pr.com or Olympus at (631) 844-5321.