Olympus Announces Infinity Zoom 105 Quartz Date with High-Powered 38-105 mm 3x Zoom LensAugust 13, 2002, Melville, NY -- Proving once again that Nothing's impossible, Olympus America, Inc. is pleased to introduce the Infinity Zoom 105 QD compact 35 mm camera. Equipped with a powerful, high-performance, 38-105 mm 3x zoom lens and an intelligent variable-power flash, the Infinity Zoom 105 QD is affordable, stylish and exceptionally easy to use, making it an ideal choice for a wide range of camera users.
The Infinity Zoom 105 QD was developed in response to user demand for versatile 3x zoom power in an affordable and easy-to-use 35 mm compact camera. Featuring the chic styling and attractive sleek silver finish that helped make the Infinity 80 a huge success during its introduction in April 2001, the Infinity Zoom 105 QD adds 3x zoom, an intelligent variable-power flash and other features designed to meet the needs of the market.
Top Features of the Infinity Zoom 105 QD include:
- High-performance 38-105 mm 3x zoom lens with two aspherical lens elements
- Compact, lightweight and stylish clamshell design
- Intelligent variable-power flash with multiple flash modes (red-eye reduction, night scene and more!)
- High-accuracy, sharp autofocus system with more than 500 steps
- Affordable and easy to use
38~105 mm High-Performance Zoom Lens
The Infinity Zoom 105 QD's high-performance 38~105 mm lens offers 3x zoom versatility, and features two aspherical lens elements for crisp, distortion-free imaging with minimum weight and bulk. The 3x zoom range has proven to be extremely popular with camera users of all levels, and provides outstanding flexibility for framing and shooting in a wide range of situations.
Light, Compact Body with Stylish, Sleek Silver Finish
A light, compact design with a sliding lens cover enhances the camera's portability and handling ease. The model measures 4.6"W x 2.5" H x 2.1"D (118 x 64.5 x 54 mm) and weighs 8.1 ounces (225 grams)
Intelligent Variable-Power Flash with a Full Range of Flash Functions
The intelligent variable-power flash system automatically regulates flash brightness according to subject distance, providing full-power illumination when the subject is far away, and soft-flash illumination when the subject is up close. Six flash modes are provided to ensure beautiful results in a wide range of shooting conditions.
- Auto Flash Mode: Fires the flash automatically in low light.
- Red-Eye Reduction Flash Mode: Fires a rapid series of pre-flashes before the main flash fires, reducing red-eye by helping the subject's eyes adjust to the bright light of the flash.
- Flash Off Mode: Prevents the flash from firing; ideal for available-light photography and situations where flash photography is prohibited.
- Fill-In Flash Mode: Fires the flash with every shot. Can be used to erase unwanted shadows when shooting in bright sunlight or other high-contrast lighting conditions.
- Night Scene Mode: Fires the flash to illuminate the foreground subject while selecting a slower shutter speed to ensure that background scenery is properly exposed; ideal for sunsets and nighttime cityscapes.
- Red-Eye Reduction Night Scene Mode: Allows users to simultaneously enjoy the benefits of Red-Eye Reduction Flash and Night Scene modes.
A sharp autofocus system, with more than 500 steps, provides outstanding accuracy for sharp, crisp results with every shot.
- Real-image zoom viewfinder
- Electronic self timer with 12-second delay
- ISO 50 - 3200 auto film speed setting
- Date/time imprinting
- MSRP: $150.00
ABOUT OLYMPUS - Nothing's impossible.
Based in Melville, New York, Olympus America distributes a wide range of products for the consumer, scientific, health care, commercial and industrial markets. These include film cameras that provide the ultimate combination of performance and style, and digital cameras that produce the most realistic digital images yet available. Microcassette and digital voice recorders, binoculars, personal photo printers, medical and industrial endoscopes, biological and metallurgical microscopes and measuring instruments, clinical analyzers, and other high technology products. Olympus America Inc. is responsible for sales in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America.