More Than A Digital Voice Recorder: New Olympus WS-100 Is Your Office On The RoadPlugs Directly into PC via USB, Records in Windows Media Audio Format, Stores Essential Files
Melville, New York, January 6, 2005 -The Olympus WS-100 is compact, stylish and simple-to-use digital voice recorder that records in high quality Windows Media Audio (WMA) format and plays back in Windows Media Player, the standard loaded on all PCs. And, because the WS-100 is a portable mass storage class device, it is also ideal for anyone who has ever had to get a large file from one PC to another in a flash. This means that now, with one device, you can bring that large image-laden PowerPoint presentation to that important meeting in style, record the entire discussion for the team to review later, and you can even upload the contract in Word right there when you close the deal. It's plug and play so no software is required.
"Olympus Imaging America Inc became the leading manufacturer of digital voice recorders in the United States through constant product innovation," said Andy Flagg, senior national sales manager for Olympus Imaging America Inc. "The WS-100 is the first generation of our new line of WS Digital Voice Recorders that are plug and play mass storage class devices that seamlessly integrate with Windows Media Player and record in WMA. More than just a voice recorder, files of all kinds can be dragged and dropped to and from the WS-100 without additional software. It's your office on the road, and captures the conversations, interviews, meetings, and random thoughts throughout the day to keep you organized and on message."
Unlike other Olympus digital voice recorders that require USB cables or cradles, the WS-100 has an innovative design that incorporates the USB input into its body. When removed from its holster, the WS-100 is ready to plug directly into a USB jack. Its body is ultra-compact, and ultra-lightweight with a professional-looking brushed silver design.
Main Features and Benefits of Olympus WS-100
- Records up to 28 uninterrupted hours in LP mode
- 64MB Memory: For improved recording quality, especially in LP mode
- PC Link Via "USB Direct": Download your recordings to your PC to play back, e-mail or archive
- USB Storage Class Device: Look's and act's like a drive on your PC. Allows for storage of any file type, not just voice files
- Fast Playback: Listen efficiently with playback 50% faster than real time
- Slow Playback: Listen efficiently with playback 25% slower than real time
- 3 Recording Modes: Use HQ mode for superior sound, LP and SP modes for extended recording
- 5 Folders: Five file folders holding up to 199 files each provide unparalleled organization
- Quick, Easy File Management: Erase single files or entire folders
- Long Battery Life: One AAA batteries are good for up to 10 hours of continuous operation
- 3.7" x 1.57" x 0.6" (H x W x D)
The WS-100 will be available from April 2005. It comes with Neck strap, One AAA battery, USB Cable (if needed for connection to PC's difficult-to-reach USB port), and Instruction Manual.
WS-100 Digital Voice Recorder Estimated Street Price: $99.99 (U.S.)
Review units and high-resolution images of the WS-100 Digital Voice Recorder are available from Mullen Public Relations. Contact Michael Bourne, 650-210-9857 or Michael.Bourne@mullen.com. For more information contact Chris Sluka, pubic relations manager, Olympus America Inc, Consumer Products Group, Two Corporate Center Dr., P.O Box 9058 Melville, NY 11747-9058, ph: (631) 844-5000 (800) 622-6372, Fax: (631) 844-5262.
ABOUT OLYMPUS IMAGING AMERICA INC.
Olympus Imaging America Inc. is a precision technology leader, designing and delivering award-winning products for consumer and professional markets.
Olympus Imaging America works collaboratively with its customers and its parent company, Olympus Corporation, to develop breakthrough technologies with revolutionary product design and functionality that enhances peoples lives every day. These include:
- Digital and film cameras
- Professional SLR Imaging Systems
- Digital and Microcassette recorders
- Digital Music Players
- Personal Photo Printers
- Digital Print Kiosks
- Digital Video Projectors
- Digital Media