Olympus Campaign Wins Ex Award For Best
Olympus OnSiteTM Mobile Showroom Wins in Two Categories
B-To-B Mobile Marketing Program
Melville, NY, April 20, 2005 - Olympus, a precision technology leader in designing and delivering innovative solutions in healthcare and consumer electronics worldwide, today announced its Olympus OnSiteTM mobile showroom has earned honors in two categories of Event Marketer's 2005 Ex Awards, which recognize creators of outstanding marketing events and experiential programs. Olympus OnSite won top honors - the Ex Award - for the Best Mobile Marketing Program (business-to-business) category and the Silver award in the Best Vehicle Design (18 wheels) category.
"We are proud of this recognition for Olympus OnSite and its early success in helping to market our innovative healthcare and consumer electronics products to customers across the country," said F. Mark Gumz, president and chief operating officer, Olympus America Inc. The awards were presented in Chicago this Monday on the eve of Event Marketer's 3rd Annual Experiential Marketing Summit.
"In its first six months on the road, our mobile showroom has attracted visitors from six healthcare organizations per week, on average. This supplements customer visits to the exhibit rooms at our Melville and San Jose facilities to create a more than eightfold increase in traffic and fourfold increase in business generated during this initial period," Gumz added. Olympus OnSite also has hosted an additional 5,000 visitors at events open to the public.
Event Marketer's 2005 Ex Awards drew a record-breaking 375 entries across 18 categories. Each entry was screened by a dozen judges based on creativity, ideas, execution and results.
Olympus OnSite is a custom-built 53-ft. double slide-out trailer that transforms into a 105 ft. by 45 ft. showroom. Two-thirds of the interior is designed to mirror a hospital environment featuring the company's state-of-the-art medical and diagnostic systems and scientific equipment, while the remainder is devoted to consumer products.
Olympus OnSite brings an array of the company's healthcare and consumer electronics products to customers nationwide to further build relationships and to elevate brand awareness among key customers and the general public. Since it was launched in October 2004, the mobile showroom has visited customer sites, trade shows and conferences in more than 20 cities in 14 states, including Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Olympus OnSite is expected to make dozens of additional tour stops this year.
Olympus OnSite showcases the following healthcare and consumer products:
- Medical Systems: EVIS and EUS EXERATM endoscopes for various medical specialties, including the new 180 series; Scope GuideTM insertion tube system for colorectal cancer screening; WM-D60 Mobile Workstation Olympus EVIS EXERA® video endoscopy system; the company's totally customized ALPHA O.R.® integrated operating room environment featuring EndoEYETM surgical videoscopes, VISERA® multi-specialty digital imaging platform, EndoALPHA® centralized O.R. control system, SonoSurg® Ultrasonic Cutting and Coagulating System, and Olympus Integration to connect data, images and audio; and EndoTherapy diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic accessories
- Diagnostic Systems: AU400e® Chemistry Immuno Analyzer and reagents; Olympus osYris Patient Safety Solutions; TANGOTM Benchtop Blood Bank Analyzer
- Scientific Equipment: Full range of clinical and research microscopes including BX2 (research), IX2 (inverted), CX (clinical and educational), SZX® 12 (stereo) and CKX (compact inverted)
- Consumer Products: Latest digital imaging solutions Stylus® Series, D-Series and C-Series digital cameras, E System Professional Digital SLR cameras; the newly introduced m:robeTM digital music players as well as P-10 and P-440 photo printers.
Olympus is a precision technology leader, designing and delivering innovative solutions in healthcare and consumer electronics worldwide.
Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its parent company, Tokyo-based Olympus Corporation, to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include:
- Gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products;
- Advanced clinical and research microscopes;
- Lab automation systems, chemistry-immuno and blood bank analyzers and reagents; and
- Digital and film cameras and digital voice recorders.