Olympus Onsite™ Brings Latest Healthcare Innovations To Healthcare Professionals Throughout U.S.
Award-Winning Mobile Showroom Features New Generation in
Gastroenterological and Surgical Integrated Solutions
MELVILLE, N.Y. (January 23, 2006) - Healthcare professionals across the country will be able to experience the latest healthcare innovations from Olympus at a convenient location near their facility or practice by visiting Olympus OnSiteTM, the company's award-winning state-of-the-art mobile showroom. Olympus, a precision technology leader in designing and delivering innovative solutions in healthcare, life sciences and consumer electronics worldwide, today announced Olympus OnSite's relaunch beginning in Memphis. The showroom has been reconfigured with many new Olympus products after a successful inaugural 14-month tour through the U.S.
The mobile showroom features cost-effective Olympus technologies and total solutions that enable healthcare professionals to improve patient care. These include the new EVIS EXERATM II 180 series high-definition endoscopy system, the world's first to deliver high-definition television (HDTV) and narrow band imaging (NBI) technology to enhance visualization during gastroenterological procedures. The system provides doctors with enhanced diagnostic capabilities and improved efficiency. The universal platform also integrates surgical endoscopy, such as the HD EndoEYETM surgical videoscopes and medical endoscopy into one complete system for multiple specialties, e.g., general surgery, gastroenterology, urology and gynecology. The high-definition HD EndoEYE scopes deliver images with breathtaking resolution, depth perception and clarity that enable doctors to see the fine details during surgical procedures.
In addition, Olympus OnSite showcases other select EndoTherapy products, diagnostic systems, research and clinical microscopes, Olympus EndoSite® Consulting Services, Olympus Financial Services® and Olympus Endoscope Repair Services, as well as consumer products.
"Olympus OnSite is a concrete example of our commitment to deliver cost savings and cutting-edge technology to healthcare practitioners and buyers," stated F. Mark Gumz, president and chief operating officer of Olympus America Inc. "Our new showroom features our Olympus healthcare consulting, financial and repair solutions, as well as products and services, which enables us to show customers total solutions for their gastroenterology suite, operating room, laboratory or research facility."
Rick Harbuck, group vice president of Medical Systems Group, Olympus America, added, "As a customer-centric company, we want to save time and expense for busy healthcare professionals. We familiarize them with the latest in patient care by bringing Olympus healthcare equipment directly to them. And we can do this in a way that allows demonstration, evaluation and training."
"The Olympus OnSite mobile showroom provides the capability of bringing innovative Olympus products and solutions directly to healthcare professionals," commented Jerome D. Waye, MD, Chief of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy at Mount Sinai Hospital, New York. "The look into the future as displayed at Olympus OnSite was awesome with several stations demonstrating new advanced endoscopic technology. The narrow band imaging fully integrated into the working endoscopes and viewed on high-definition monitors was amazing."
In its inaugural tour, October 2004 to November 2005, Olympus OnSite visited 40 cities in 23 states, traveling 32,000 miles, including multiple visits to several major markets. During that period, the showroom had over 1,100 healthcare professionals onboard as visitors. In addition, Olympus OnSite hosted students and members of the general public for community events, such as health fairs.
During its just launched new tour, Olympus OnSite is again expected to make stops in more than 40 cities during 2006. The next stop after Memphis will be Atlanta. In addition, the showroom is scheduled to visit 20 cities through the end of June, including Tampa, Orlando, Washington, Houston and Dallas. For details on the showroom's upcoming tour schedule and other information visit www.olympusonsite.com.
Olympus OnSite is a custom-built 53 ft. double slide-out trailer that transforms into a 105 ft. by 45 ft. showroom. Most of the showroom is designed to demonstrate products and train healthcare professionals. In April 2005, Olympus OnSite won Event Marketer's Grand Ex Award for Best Mobile Marketing Program in the business-to-business category and the Silver Ex Award for Vehicle Design in the 18-wheel category.
Olympus OnSite will showcase the following healthcare products, service solutions and consumer products:
- Medical Systems: New EVIS EXERA II 180 series platform, including 180 series endoscopes for various medical specialties, CV-180 Video Processor and CLV-180 Xenon Light Source; the company's totally customized ALPHA O.R.TM integrated operating room environment featuring HD EndoEYETM surgical videoscopes, VISERATM multi-specialty digital imaging platform, EndoALPHA® centralized O.R. control system, SonoSurgTM Ultrasonic Cutting and Coagulating System, and Olympus Integrated EndoLabTM to connect data, images and audio; and EndoTherapyTM diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic accessories.
- Diagnostic Systems: AU400e Chemistry Immuno Analyzer and reagents; and TANGOTM Benchtop Blood Bank Analyzer.
- Scientific Equipment: Range of clinical and research microscopes, including BX45 (clinical), BX51 (clinical) with DP70 (digital color camera), SZ61 (research) and IX-71 (research).
- Service Solutions: Olympus EndoSiteV Consulting Services, Olympus Financial Services and Olympus Endoscope Repair Services.
- Consumer Products: Latest digital imaging solutions Stylus Series, FE-Series, SP-Series and E-Series digital cameras, plus a selection of 35mm cameras, digital voice recorders and binoculars.
Olympus is a precision technology leader, designing and delivering innovative solutions in healthcare and consumer electronics worldwide.
Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its parent company, Tokyo-based Olympus Corporation, to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include:
- Gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products;
- Advanced clinical and research microscopes;
- Lab automation systems, chemistry-immuno and blood bank analyzers and reagents;
- Digital and film cameras and digital voice recorders.
Chandler Chicco Agency