Olympus Presents Comprehensive GI Solutions At American College Of Gastroenterology
New Remote Support Services Enhance Efficiency of Clinical Information Management
Las Vegas, NV October 23, 2006 - Olympus, a precision technology leader, designing and delivering imaging solutions in healthcare, life science and photography, today presented a broad range of GI solutions designed to achieve excellent clinical and financial outcomes for hospital suites, ambulatory surgery centers and private practices. Demonstrated at the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG), Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas, October 20-25, Olympus' GI offerings range from high-definition endoscopes, EndoTherapy devices and endoscopic ultrasound to consulting and financial services. New among these products and services is a remote support service for customers of EndoWorks® , Olympus' integrated, browser-based clinical information management solution.
Optimizing System Performance: New Remote Support Services for EndoWorks®
Customers of EndoWorks , Olympus' integrated, browser-based clinical information management solution can now optimize system performance 24/7 and receive remote assistance even before they know they need it. Remote support allows the Olympus Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to monitor the EndoWorks system operation online, find and diagnose potential problems before they occur, and deliver software patches and version upgrades to the customer's system. A support and maintenance agreement includes remote and on-site support services, minor software upgrades, hardware repairs and annual training, all for an economical fixed fee.
“We’ve had a support & maintenance agreement since our initial EndoWorks installation three years ago,” states Joe Klimson, Biomedical Technician, CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. “As our physicians became familiar with the knowledge base and saw its possibilities, they wanted to incorporate changes to further customize our system. It was great to be able to easily accommodate their requests through our Olympus maintenance agreement. Now through the luxury of remote support, I can observe on screen our customization requests in real time. Having the Olympus team remotely stand watch over our server has also been a huge benefit. It’s one less thing to worry about, knowing Olympus will contact us as soon as there is a problem.”
Support and maintenance agreement customers are tied into Olympus' nationwide network of local and remote support resources for fast, convenient assistance on their EndoWorks system, from installation and training through day-to-day operations and troubleshooting. Customers have access to locally based Olympus field service engineers, regional software application specialists and trainers, and the Olympus TAC, offering both phone and remote support 24/7.
Other Key Offerings
Additional Olympus GI products and services presented at ACG include the following:
EVIS EXERA II™ 180 platform of gastroscopes and colonoscopes, the world’s first endoscope platform to deliver both high-definition television (HDTV) and Narrow Band Imaging™ (NBI) technologies to provide enhanced observation capabilities, which may improve efficiency and patient turnaround time
- EndoTherapy devices for ERCP and hemostasis, including the MaxPass™ single-use biliary dilation system for use with Olympus’ V-System™, the LithoCrushV™ mechanical lithotripsy device and the single-use SolarProbe™ for bipolar hemostasis
- GF-UE160-AL5 radial array endoscope, the world’s first gastrovideoscope featuring 360-degree electronic radial scanning
- BF-UC160F-OL8 endobronchial ultrasound hybrid fibervideoscope offering linear-scanning ultrasound imaging capability and a dedicated aspiration needle for real-time diagnostic biopsies in the lung
- n-Stream Dual Channel Video Management System, which is ideally suited to the demands of surgical and clinical workflow
- EndoSite® Consulting Services, a comprehensive collection of professional services to increase performance at hospital GI labs, endoscopic ambulatory surgery centers and office endoscopy practices
- Olympus Financial Services®, cost-effective, balance-sheet sensitive financial solutions for GI facilities
- Olympus Service and Repair, providing comprehensive repair services for all Olympus medical equipment in the U.S. with factory-approved parts, materials and repair processes
Olympus Medical Systems Group provides endoscopy knowledge and solutions that enable healthcare professionals in GI hospital suites, ambulatory surgery centers and private practices to achieve excellent clinical and financial outcomes across the continuum of care. Olympus offers diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopes and EndoTherapy accessories; service and repair solutions; web-based endoscopy information products; GI lab integration services; cleaning and disinfection products and services; cost-effective financial solutions; and consulting services.
Olympus is a precision technology leader, designing and delivering imaging solutions in healthcare, life science and photography. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its parent company, Tokyo-based Olympus Corporation, to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include:
- Gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products;
- Advanced clinical and research microscopes;
- Lab automation systems, chemistry-immuno and blood bank analyzers and reagents; and
- Digital and film cameras, and digital voice recorders.
In the U. S. and Canada, Olympus serves healthcare, scientific and commercial laboratory markets with integrated product solutions and financial, educational and consulting services that help customers efficiently, reliably, safely, and easily achieve superior results. Olympus is the leader in gastrointestinal endoscopy and clinical and educational microscopes. The company's consumer electronics business spans North and South America. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.
Note to editors: Images and fact sheet about Olympus products and services presented at ACG are available at http://www.olympuspresspass.com.