Olympus Discovery Series Speakers to Address Society for Neuroscience Attendees
CENTER VALLEY, Pa., October 14, 2009 – Olympus, a world leader in research microscopy, is presenting its Discovery Series Neuroscience Lectures again this year. The presentations provide an opportunity during the Society for Neuroscience annual meeting for researchers to study with leaders developing new approaches to specific neuroscience applications, along with scientists offering introductions to advanced microscopy tools and techniques. Three one-hour presentations are planned during the meeting:
- Sunday, Oct 18, 2 pm: Xiangmin Xu, Ph.D, Assistant Professor, Departments of Anatomy & Neurobiology, and Biomedical Engineering,University of California, Irvine will be in Olympus Booth #1031. His subject will be High resolution and fast functional mapping of cortical circuitry through a novel combination of voltage sensitive dye imaging and laser scanning photostimulation. Attendees are welcome to come any time during the hour.
- Monday, Oct 19, 2 pm: Ji-Xin Cheng, Ph.D, Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Associate Professor of Chemistry, Purdue University, Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, will be in Olympus Booth #1031, speaking about Multiphoton Microscopy and Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering (CARS) Microscopy in a Multi-Modal system. Attendees are welcome to come any time during the hour.
- Tuesday, Oct 20, 11am: Kimberly Wicklund, Ph.D., Olympus America Inc., Scientific Equipment Group will be in Olympus Booth #1031. Her topic is Simplifying Live Cell Imaging. Attendees are welcome to come any time during the hour.
For more information, contact Dennis Donley, Olympus America Inc., 3500 Corporate Parkway, Center Valley PA 18034-0610; phone 1-484-896-5611; visit www.olympusamerica.com/neuro2009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Olympus Scientific Equipment Group
Olympus America Scientific Equipment Group provides innovative microscope imaging solutions for researchers, doctors, clinicians and educators. Olympus microscope systems offer unsurpassed optics, superior construction and system versatility to meet the ever-changing needs of microscopists, paving the way for future advances in life science.
Olympus is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in healthcare, life science and consumer electronics products.
Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include:
· Gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products;
· Advanced clinical and research microscopes;
· Digital cameras and voice recorders.
Olympus serves the healthcare field and commercial laboratory markets with integrated product solutions and financial, educational and consulting services that help customers to efficiently, reliably and more easily achieve exceptional results. Olympus develops breakthrough technologies with revolutionary product design and functionality for the consumer and professional photography markets, and also is the leader in gastrointestinal endoscopy and clinical and educational microscopes. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com/microscopes.