Olympus Announces GetOlympus App Now Available On App Store
Designed for Olympus Fans to Stay Connected Using iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
CENTER VALLEY, Pa., April 12, 2010 – Olympus today announced its free GetOlympus App for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The App is available on the App Store. The App features a user photo gallery, photo tips, Olympus social media networks, special offers and more. Designed by Olympus to provide dynamic interaction with consumers, the App will be updated with new content and features over time.
"We’re always seeking innovative ways to connect with consumers," said Christopher Kemmerer, manager, Engineering and Development, Olympus Imaging America Inc. "Offering the GetOlympus App for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad is one more way to engage our customers."
The new GetOlympus App, designed and developed by Olympus, will provide iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users with easy, remote access** to many of the features and content currently available on www.getolympus.com and Olympus’ social network pages.
Features of the App include:
- Olympus Resolution User Gallery – view amazing user-submitted photos and read the "behind the shot" stories for inspiration to capture your own spectacular images.
- Tips – whether you want to learn to take vacation, underwater, panorama or any other memorable photos, tips are available for many different shooting environments. Read Olympus' tips or submit your own!
- Connect With Olympus – visit Olympus social networks, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr, with the touch of a button.
- Offers & Promotions – be among the first to know when Olympus is offering a special promotion or cash rebate. Learn about the latest photo contests sponsored by Olympus. Get cash back – trade in your old working digital camera for a new Olympus camera using the Olympus 'Trade In Trade Up' program.
- Favorites – save your favorite photos, tips and news and share them via email with other GetOlympus users.
The GetOlympus App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore/
Journalists interested in more information should contact Michael Bourne, Mullen Public Relations, (617) 226-9953 or email@example.com, or Jennifer Colucci, Olympus Imaging America Inc., 3500 Corporate Parkway, Center Valley, PA 18034, ph: (484) 896-5719 / (800) 622-6372 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Olympus website: www.getolympus.com.
ABOUT OLYMPUS IMAGING AMERICA INC.
Olympus Imaging America Inc. is a precision technology leader, designing and delivering award-winning products for consumer and professional markets.
Olympus Imaging America Inc. works collaboratively with its customers and its ultimate parent company, Olympus Corporation, to develop breakthrough technologies with revolutionary product design and functionality that enhances people’s lives every day. These include:
- Digital Cameras
- Professional Digital SLR Imaging Systems
- Related Underwater Products and Accessories
- Digital and Microcassette Recorders
- Digital Media
* Specifications and design are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer. All trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective holder. ©2010 Olympus Imaging America Inc.
**This App requires an Internet connection for access to content.