Contributing to Society
At Olympus, we contribute to society by making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day. We do this by developing products and services that tap into our expertise in optical, digital and precision technologies to deliver innovative solutions in our core business areas, including: medical and surgical products, scientific solutions, and cameras and audio products. Our technology captures images of our world from the microscopic to the panoramic, furthers scientific research, and looks inside the human body to help prevent, diagnose and treat illness.
A Pioneer in Groundbreaking Technologies
Since the Company’s founding in 1919, Olympus has become a precision technology leader creating innovative opto-digital solutions in the health care, life sciences and consumer products industries. Throughout our history, Olympus has been known for pioneering many of the world’s firsts, such as the first gastrocamera and the first endoscope system featuring high-definition and Narrow Band Imaging™ technologies. Today, Olympus continues that history of groundbreaking innovations, including advancements in surgical solutions for minimally invasive patient care.
Olympus Corporation of the Americas
Olympus Corporation of the Americas (OCA)—a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation in Tokyo, Japan—was established in 1968 in Lake Success, New York. It is now headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, with more than 5,000 employees at locations throughout North and South America.
Olympus News Center
- Olympus Showcases Advancements and Milestones in EndoTherapy at ACG
- EXCELLENCE FROM WIDE-ANGLE TO TELEPHOTO: OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO DIGITAL® ED 12-100MM F4.0 IS PRO LENS
- OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO DIGITAL® ED 25MM F1.2 PRO LENS REDEFINES WIDE OPEN SHOOTING
- YOUR CLOSE-UP IS READY: OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO® DIGITAL ED 30MM F3.5 PREMIUM MACRO LENS CAPTURES BEAUTY IN THE EVERYDAY
- OLYMPUS PEN E-PL8® CREATES BRILLIANT PHOTOGRAPHY AND SELFIES IN STYLE