LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR OLYMPUS SOFTWARE PRODUCT
NOTICE TO USER: All copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT are owned by Olympus or its licensors. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. You may not distribute or reproduce a whole or part of the Software or the Manual without Olympus' approval. You may not copy the Software for any purpose other than backup and may not copy the Manual. You may use the Software and the Manual subject to the License Agreement for OLYMPUS SOFTWARE PRODUCT. You may not analyze, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software, DLL or any part of the Software, combine the Software with or incorporate it into any other application software, or print out the Software. NEITHER OLYMPUS NOR ITS LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY RESULT ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE. The Software and the Manual are subject to change without notice. Olympus grants to you a non-exclusive license to use the Software, provided that you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Section 1: Definitions
(1) "Software" means all the programs contained in OLYMPUS SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
(2) "Manual" means the instruction manual for OLYMPUS SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
Section 2: Conditions of Use
(1) You may install the Software into only one computer.
(2) You may make only one copy of the Software for a backup purpose.
Section 3: Restrictions
(1) You may not distribute or reproduce a whole or part of the Software or the Manual without Olympus' approval.
(2) Unless otherwise provided in this Agreement or the Manual, you may not make any copy of the Software without Olympus' approval.
(3) You may not make any copy of the Manual.
(4) You may not use the Software and/or any copy of the Software in different computers concurrently.
(5) You may not transfer, sell, rent or lease the Software, any of its copy or the Manual.
(6) Unless otherwise provided in this Agreement or the Manual, you may not create, transfer, sell, distribute, rent or lease any derivative work of the Software or the Manual.
(7) You may not analyze, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software, DLL or any part of the Software, combine the Software with or incorporate it into any other application software, or print out the Software.
Section 4: Limited Warranty
Olympus warrants that any original disk on which the Software is recorded is free from substantial physical errors or defects that will materially interfere with the operation or functions of the Software within ninety (90) days after you purchase the Software or a product containing the Software. OLYMPUS AND ITS LICENSORS’ SOLE LIABILITY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY SHALL BE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH A DISK WHICH DOES NOT MEET THE SAID LIMITED WARRANTY AND WHICH IS RETURNED TO OLYMPUS WITH A COPY OF YOUR RECEIPT.
Section 5: Waiver
(1) EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREIN, THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
(2) OLYMPUS AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, GENERAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION AND THE LIKE), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE DELIVERY, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE.
Section 6: Effective Period
(1) This Agreement shall become effective as of the date when you receive the Software or a product containing the Software.
(2) In the event that you breach any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, this Agreement shall be terminated and the Software shall be returned to Olympus immediately. In such a case, the price paid shall not be refunded to you.