How Dictation Works
The Olympus Professional Dictation Systems ensures that the wisdom of our brightest minds remains at hand at all times, wherever work takes you. Success begins when your team puts their thoughts into words. Olympus Professional Dictation Systems combine the latest technology with simple-to-use interfaces to ensure your human resources are in perfect harmony with company workflows and tools – anytime, anywhere, for all business purposes. They are distributed exclusively via a network of authorized dealers providing you with expert advice and consultation.
Essentials of Professional Dictation
Olympus has been one of the market leaders for integrated audio solutions at the enterprise level for a long time. With over 40 years of innovation in the audio sector, Olympus constantly stays one step ahead, developing interfaces today that ensure users are able to benefit from future innovations. With Olympus, you success never sounded better.
Essential of Professional Dictation – How it works
Are you interested in what happens behind the scenes?
- Each dictation device can be customized with the Author´s name, ID or similar. Now the system will know automatically who created a dictation and when (because the device has an internal watch, too).
- The Olympus dictation management software can be set up based on your organizational structure: An account can be set up for all authors, secretaries and transcriptionists. The workflow between these workers are defined. Because the software offers many options, the software mirrors your workflow, so there is no need to change your work style.
- After a dictation is done and the dictation device is put into the docking station, the dictations will be downloaded automatically. Based on predefined workflow, the dictations can be sent automatically to a secretary or transcriptionist. The setting can be set to automatically erase the dictations from the device after downloading.
- The secretary or transcriptionist transcribes the document (i.e creates a Word Document while listening to the dictation file). In comparison to analog times the transcription software plays back the digital audio file. The secretary can listen to the dictations via special PC earphones and control the play back via a PC footswitch. Individual settings (tone, playback speed, automatic rewind etc.) are possible. The additional dictation information (i.e. author, worktype, dictation dates, dictation lengths etc.) allows the secretary to efficiently organize the work. Dictations have different process statuses (i.e. pending, finished). Finished dictations will automatically be placed in the finished tray and the dictation will be erased from the worklist. Secretaries/Transcriptionists are able to do transcriptions more comfortably and are more in control of their work. This will benefit the dictator, too.
- The finished document can be automatically sent to a predefined person (i.e. the original author). There are several possibilities to exchange dictations and documents between dictators and secretaries / transcriptionists: Network, FTP, email.
- IT and Office Managers are also part of the concept: The whole software and single users can be easily setup, maintained and updated.