How can I download images and movies from the camera to a computer?
The simplest method is to use OLYMPUS Master software to transfer the files.
This model ships with OLYMPUS Master version 1. Complete instructions for transferring files using this version may be downloaded by clicking here.
This model also supports OLYMPUS Master 2. Complete instructions for transferring files using OLYMPUS Master 2 may be downloaded by clicking here.
To request a free download of OLYMPUS Master 2, click here. It is not necessary to uninstall OLYMPUS Master version 1 before installing and using OLYMPUS Master 2.
Note: Adobe Reader« software is required to view PDF files. It is available as a free download from Adobe's web site. Click here to download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
Where is the reference manual for the Stylus Verve?
The reference manual has been renamed to the advanced manual. The CD-ROM provides a full advanced manual in PDF format on the CD-ROM. Adobe Acrobat, which is provided on the CD-ROM is necessary to view the PDF manual. The printed manual that is included with the camera is a "Basic Manual".
I read that the Stylus Verve is PictBridge enabled. What is PictBridge?
PictBridge is a specification that allows for direct printing between various brands of digital still cameras and printers without the use of a computer.
The Stylus Verve claims to be weatherproof. What does it mean?
The Stylus Verve weatherproofing protection is equivalent to IEC Standard publication 529 IPX4. The camera will not be damaged by water splashed from any direction. The camera can be used outside in adverse weather conditions. If you are taking pictures when the camera is exposed to rain or snow, make sure that the optical components (lens, flash) are not covered with water. Water droplets on the lens may affect image quality. The Stylus Verve is designed to operate at ambient temperatures of 32║-104║F and relative humidity 30-90%.
Please note that the camera is weatherproof, not waterproof, and cannot be immersed in water. Olympus will not assume any responsibility for any camera damage caused by water getting inside as a result of misuse by the user.
What do I need to do maintain all-weather capability of my camera?
- The camera loses its weatherproof capability if the battery compartment cover, connector cover or DC-IN jack cover is open. Make sure that all the covers are closed before using the camera.
- Wipe any water off the camera before changing the battery or card.
- If the camera gets splashed, wipe the water off as soon as possible with a dry cloth. Salt-water spray or droplets can cause damage to the camera if the camera is not wiped dry as soon as possible.
- Do not apply excessive force to or attempt to peel off the rubber packing of the battery compartment cover, connector cover or DC-IN jack cover.
- If the rubber packing becomes worn or damaged, contact your nearest Olympus service center.
- If the rubber packing of the battery compartment cover, connector cover or DC-IN jack cover contains dirt or sand, wipe it off before closing the cover.
- The rechargeable battery and other camera accessories are not weatherproof. Care should be taken when using the accessories.
How do I set the date and time on my Stylus Verve?
- With the camera on, press the OK/MENU button.
- Use the arrow pad to select [MODE MENU].
- Select the [SETUP] tab and press the right arrow. Select 'time icon' and press the right arrow.
- Select the date format and press the right arrow.
- Use up or down arrows to set each item and press the right arrow to move to the next item.
- Press the OK/MENU button when you have finished entering the date and time.
How do I review my pictures?
Using the Quick View Button
Using the Mode Dial
- Press the QUICK VIEW button.
- The last picture taken is displayed. Use the arrow pad to display other pictures.
- Press the QUICK VIEW button again when you are ready to take another picture.
- Turn the mode dial to the playback option (the green arrow).
- Use the arrow pad to navigate to your picture of choice.
What is HyperCrystal LCD technology that the Stylus Verve uses?
This new LCD is designed to deliver a 160░ angle of viewing so it can be seen clearly from above, from the side, and from below. Where conventional LCD displays fail to deliver clear, visible pictures under bright conditions, the Stylus Verve HyperCrystal LCD is viewable even in bright sunlight at the beach or on the slopes.
How do I access the scene modes on the Stylus Verve?
From the arrow pad, select the up arrow (Scene) to access the scene modes.
What is the battery life expectancy of the Stylus Verve?
The expected battery life of the Stylus Verve is about 300 frames.
How many images can I record on an xD Picture card?
||16MB xD-Picture Card (included)
||512MB xD-Picture Card|
|Still image (w/out sound)
|Still image (w/ sound)
||approx. 41 sec.
||approx. 1300 sec.|
||approx. 150 sec.
||approx. 4800 sec.|
What should I do if I cannot focus on a particular subject?
Try the FOCUS LOCK feature. This feature allows you to focus on a subject roughly the same distance away from you, then re-compose your picture without losing that focus. Open the lens barrier fully. Look through the viewfinder at the AF Target Mark (the 4 lines in the center of the viewfinder). Position the AF Target Mark on a subject roughly the same distance away from you. Press the shutter button halfway until the green lamp lights. While keeping the shutter button pressed halfway, re-compose your picture, then press the shutter fully.
What options do I have for more telephoto zoom?
The Stylus Verve has a 2x optical zoom and a 4x digital zoom, which gives you a total zoom of 8x seamless zoom. Use the shooting mode menu to activate the digital zoom feature.
Is there an A/C adapter available for Stylus Verve?
Yes, The BPC-01 Power Coupler and the D-7AC AC Adapter are packaged together as the Stylus Verve AC Adapter Kit (stock number 200499) for use with the Stylus Verve. There is no A/C plug on the Stylus Verve. The BPC-01 Power Coupler plugs into the empty battery compartment and then the D-7AC AC Adapter plugs directly into the BPC-01 Power Coupler . The BPC-01 Power Coupler (stock # 200488), and the D-7AC AC Adapter (item #200850) , are also sold separately as back-up or replacement items.
Can I charge the battery in the camera?
No you cannot charge the battery in the camera.
What does the dial on the top do?
This dial is the mode dial. It allows you to switch between shooting mode, recording mode (movies) and playback mode.
In my image there is a small bright dot always in the same area of the image. What can I do?
Pixel Mapping is a feature of the camera to check and adjust the CCD and image processing functions. Locate Pixel Mapping in the camera's Mode Menu and select OK to activate it. Once Pixel Mapping is completed the Mode Menu displays. The bright dot should no longer appear in your downloaded images.