How can I download images and movies from the camera to a computer?
Complete instructions may be downloaded by clicking here.
Adobe Reader® software is required to view the file. It is available as a free download from Adobe's web site. Click here to download the latest version.
What is the orange "card" bundled with my camera?
The “card" is the MASD-1 memory card adapter. It is not itself a memory storage device; rather, it provides the camera's owner with additional storage options.
Out of the box, this camera can record images and/or movies directly to its internal memory. It also accepts removable xD-Picture Card memory cards (sold separately). When used with the MASD-1, the camera can also record to many¹ microSD and microSDHC memory cards (also sold separately).
Cards in the latter two formats are significantly smaller than their xD-Picture Card counterparts. The MASD-1 is used to adapt the microSD and microSDHC cards to the form factor of xD-Picture Card media so that they can be inserted into the camera's card slot.
¹Olympus maintains a list of supported microSD and microSDHC cards on its web site. Click here to view it.
How do I insert xD-Picture Card media into the camera?
To insert xD-Picture Card media into the camera, do the following.
- Power off the camera.
- Turn the camera upside down. Open the battery/card compartment cover by sliding the cover toward the outside edge of the camera and then lifting up on the door.
- Hold the memory card so that the gold contact area is facing the same direction as the LCD monitor and the arrow above the Olympus logo on the face of the card is pointing down into the compartment. The notch in the side of the card will face the outside edge of the camera — not the center of the camera — and the index area will face the batteries.
- Insert the card into the card slot and push it gently straight in until it clicks.
- Close the card cover door and then push the latch back toward the center of the camera until it clicks.
How do I insert a microSD or microSDHC card into the camera?
This camera can accept compatible microSD or microSDHC memory cards, which are sold separately.
When using microSD or microSDHC media, the card must be inserted into the MASD-1 xD Picture Card-to-microSD adapter packaged with the camera before it can be inserted into the camera's media slot.
To insert a microSD or microSDHC memory card into the camera, do the following:
- Power off the camera.
- Turn the camera upside down, and open the battery/card compartment cover.
- Hold the MASD-1 adapter so that the pointed wedge is facing up and the sticker is facing the front, as shown in the picture below.
- Hold the card so that the thicker end is to the right and the flat end is on the bottom, as shown.
- Insert the card entirely into the adapter.
- Insert the MASD-1 adapter (with the card inside) into the media slot inside the battery/card compartment, making sure to align the gold contacts on the back of the adapter with those inside the compartment. Push the adapter gently until there is an audible click.
- Close the battery/card compartment cover.
Will the MASD-1 adapter let me use any microSD or microSDHC card in the camera?
Click here to view a list of microSD and microSDHC cards that can be used with the MASD-1 card adapter. This page will be updated as additional cards are evaluated.
Will the MASD-1 adapter allow me to use microSD or microSDHC media in other OLYMPUS cameras?
MicroSD and microSDHC cards can be used only with cameras that are compatible with the MASD-1. For a list of compatible cameras, click here.
The adapter is different from xD-Picture Card media in form. It will not fit in the card slots of other cameras that are compatible with xD-Picture Card media. Forcing the MASD-1 into an incompatible camera or other device may damage it or cause the equipment to malfunction. The data on the memory card may be destroyed.