The camera does not power on. Why?
The battery may be dead or underpowered. If the battery is completely drained, the camera will not power on when the Power button is pressed. If the battery is nearly drained, the camera may briefly display a Battery Empty error message and then power off, or it may power on and then quickly power off without displaying the error. In either case, charge the battery using the charger bundled with the camera. Be sure to properly align the arrows on the bundled battery with the arrow on the battery charger, and take care to see that the "+" and "-" signs align properly. If the battery is inserted improperly, the battery will not be charged. Please see "How do I insert the LI-50B lithium-ion battery into the camera?"
How do I insert the LI-50B lithium-ion battery into the camera?
To load the LI-50B battery into the camera, do the following:
- Turn the camera upside-down and open the battery compartment door. (The door will swing up toward the center of the camera.)
- Push the battery lock knob in the direction of the arrow shown below.
- Insert the battery into the camera as shown. When the battery is properly oriented, the black stripe with the white arrows will be to the left of the OLYMPUS label and the arrows will point down into the camera. The OLYMPUS label will face the same direction as the LCD monitor.
- Push the battery gently into the camera until it clicks. The battery lock knob will snap into place.
- Close the battery compartment door.
Note: If the LI-50B battery is improperly oriented when it is inserted into the camera, the camera will not power on.
Where can I find information on how to use the bundled [ib] software?
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about [ib] are collected here.
Detailed documentation of the software's functions is available in the application's Help file. To access the Help file, launch [ib] and choose ib Help from the Help menu.