|Home >> Ask Olympus: Printing from Olympus software|
Using the Olympus software supplied with the camera, how do I optimize settings for use with my printer?
The Olympus software has an option to use the dedicated drivers for your printer, enabling you to select the paper type, paper size, print quality and other settings so you can control the printed output. Using the print options you can print photos in different layout templates, or print index and contact sheets of thumbnail images to help in archiving your images when you save them to CDs or DVDs.
Olympus Master 2
In the Browse window, click on an image to open it in the Image Edit window. In the Print menu located on the Toolbar, select Photo Print or Index Print. To set up the printer, in the menu bar go to File > Printer Settings. In the Printer settings box, select the printer and then click on Properties to open the printer drivers. Now you can select the paper size, paper type, print quality and other settings.
In the Browse window, select an image to open it. At the bottom of the screen select Print. The printing options are Photo and Index. At the bottom of the column, on the left, click on Settings to open the drivers for your printer. Now you can select the paper size, paper type, print quality and other settings.
Olympus Viewer 2
In the Browse window, click on an image to open it in the Image Edit window. In the Toolbar, click on the Print Menu. The options are Photo Print, Index Print and Contact Print. To select the printer, in the menu bar go to File > Printer Settings. Select the printer and click on Properties to open the printer drivers. Now you can select the paper size, paper type, print quality and other settings.
Archive - Compact Cameras:
- Playing back photos and movies
- Printing the date on your photos
- Taking better indoor photos
- Changing resolution
- Best image sizes for emailing
- Avoiding blur in low light
- Taking pictures faster
- Evening out exposure for panoramic sequences
- Digital vs. film ISO
- Grainy pictures
- xD-Picture Card Use and Care
- Black and White with your point and shoot
- Shooting for online auctions
- Panoramic photography
- How do I photograph documents?
- Get images off of internal memory?
- Increasing shot-to-shot speed
- Tips for shooting portraits
- Tips for shooting holiday lights outdoors
- Tips about memory card usage
- My videos I'm not getting any sound. Why?
- Tips for shooting panorama photos
- Minimizing shutter lag
- Transferring your photos to a CD
- Macro photography
- Double exposures and xD card questions
- Battery charging guidelines
- Truer color indoors
- Proper settings and exposure for stage photos
- Minimizing glare from glasses
- Adjusting for photos shot into the sun
- Keeping faces sharp
- Why do I get red-rye?
- Steadying camera in NIGHT Scene mode
- Extending my battery charge?
- Shooting in cold weather
- Using the Macro shooting mode
- Save a zoomed playback image
- Printing from Olympus software
- Low Light Sports Photography
- Shooting indoors in the winter
- Using my camera on a telescope or microscope
- Tips for getting better results using the flash
- Tips for controlling sunlight
Submit your question using the form below and we may feature it in our next edition!
Please note: Questions submitted to Olympus will not receive individual responses.
If you have a specific tech support issue for which you need immediate assistance, please contact our technical support group by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 1-888-55-DIGITAL.