|Home >> Ask Olympus: What is MY MODE?|
What is MY MODE?
MY MODE allows you to setup your camera with a specific series of settings and then save them so they can be applied using the Fn (Function) button for specific shots on the fly without having to go through the menu to set the camera up. Refer to your camera’s manual for the procedure for assigning a function to the Fn button. Once assigned, press and hold the Fn button to activate the MY MODE setting. When the button is release the camera will revert to the previous settings.
The location of the MY MODE function in the camera menus varies by model, but you can find the MY MODE SETUP process outlined in the manual for your respective camera. Not all menu functions can be registered in MY MODE. There is a table in the back pages of the camera manual showing functions that can be registered with MY MODE and CUSTOM RESET SETTING.
CUSTOM RESET SETTING returns the camera to the factory default settings at its most basic application which is RESET. There are also RESET 1 and RESET 2 options that allow you to select which settings you want to reset instead of the full factory reset. The camera must be in the P, A, S or M modes to perform a reset.
Archive - E-System:
- Advantages of digital lenses
- Transferring your photos to a CD
- Printing the date on your photos
- Best image sizes for emailing
- Lens connections and F-stop
- Indoor sports photos
- AF illuminator and camera flashes
- Camera locks up while shooting closeups
- Taking photos of the Northern Lights
- Shooting in cold weather
- Pixel Mapping
- Waterfall and Stream Effects
- Camera unable to secure autofocus
- Night sports photos
- Can I use a teleconverter with my kit lens?
- What is MY MODE?
- Saving Your Camera Settings
- What does the Fn button do?
- Tips for shooting holiday lights outdoors
- Tips about memory card usage
- The purpose of IMAGE ASPECT when shooting?
- Tips for digitizing 35mm color slides
- Double exposures and xD card questions
- Taking better indoor photos
- Shooting in RAW
- Battery charging guidelines
- E-System Compatibility
- Cleaning your mirror box
- Studio Lighting
- Tricks for manually focusing
- Focusing E-System cameras in low light
- P, A, S and M modes
- Keeping a zoom lens steady
- What lenses can I use with my DSLR?
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) Photography
- Post-processing color controls in OLYMPUS Master
- How do I use bracketing modes?
- Save a zoomed playback image
- How can CONTRAST, SHARPNESS and
SATURATION be applied creatively?
- Shooting indoors in the winter
- What does the GRADATION feature in the menu do?
- Using OM-System lenses and accessories