- A high-resolution CCD chip provides high-quality images of fine details.
- Wide 2.8mm diameter channel in a 9.2mm scope improves maneuverability of insertion while maintaining high-resolution image quality.
- Optimized distal end and bending section allows acute turns in the small intestine, supporting a smoother insertion.
- The Single Balloon Enteroscope System incorporates a balloon on the splinting tube only. No extra steps needed to clean a dedicated balloon air channel in the scope.
- The ST-SB1s 100% Latex-free Silicone construction allows for outstanding insertion and therapeutic access to the deep small bowel.
- Radiopaque material is used in the distal end of the ST-SB1 to allow confirmation of the splinting tube's tip under fluoroscopy, further enhancing insertion performance into the deep small intestine.
- The OBCU is equipped with an automatic pressure control function, which operates to suppress the balloon pressure and maintain it within a prescribed range for maximum reliability.
Single Balloon Enteroscopy System
The 'Simple' Answer to Your Requirements: The Single Balloon Enteroscopy System from Olympus.Despite the rapid technological advances, enteroscopy is still more difficult to take advantage of than upper or gastrointestinal endoscopy or colonoscopy. Now, thanks to our groundbreaking Single-Balloon Enteroscopy System, Olympus has created a simple yet efficient enteroscopy system that radically redefines the nature of enteroscopy. The new Single Balloon Enteroscopy System maintains Olympus' signature high quality image, while offering breakthrough capabilities in terms of operability and functionality that shed new light on a region once considered the "Last Frontier" of the human body.