DP21® DIGITAL CAMERA OVERVIEW
- 2 Megapixel easy-to-use, stand-alone camera system; records images to USB Drive.
- 12-bit color depth for outstanding color fidelity
- 15 frames per second live image preview at full resolution (1600 x 1200 UXGA)
- Color or monochrome mode
- IEEE 1394a connectivity with optional software
- Automatic exposure and white balance. Manual mode for fine tuning
- 2X and 4X live zoom preview with panning
- 5 image quality modes: 1600 x 1200 SHQ TIFF or JPEG, 1600 x 1200 HQ JPEG, and 1280 x 960 SQ JPEG (high and low compression)
- 3 selectable ISO sensitivities; 100, 200, and 400
- Exposure times ranging from 1/20,000 sec. to 2 sec.
- Autofocus aid for easy focusing
- Selectable scale bar settings
- Twelve types of measurement tools
- Video recording capability of up to 5 minutes
The 2 megapixel DP21 uses a 1200 x 1600 pixel Bayer mask CCD and interfaces to a computer via IEEE 1394a technology for rapid image download. It uses a 12-bit analog to digital converter, recording subtle color differences important for accurate color reproduction. The result is images with outstanding color and fine detail.
Designed with the same photomicrography concept as other popular Olympus cameras, the DP21 is offered as an easy-to-use, stand-alone solution; ideal when precious bench space is limited. The camera is controlled from a convenient stand-alone handset control box which is newly designed and ergonomic; operation is smooth with the functional key layout. Imaging is quick and easy. Set the camera to automatically expose and white balance the image or fine tune the exposure manually. An over/under exposure notification ensures images are perfect every time.
The DP21 digital camera can be controlled by Olympus cellSens® Digital Imaging Software.
DP21 Graphical User Interface
The DP21 digital camera offers an assortment of simple tools that are designed to streamline workflow. A focus indicator combined with the 2X and 4X digital zoom and rapid display make framing and focusing effortless. A scale bar may be overlayed on the image with settings for up to seven magnifications. There are twelve simple measurement tools.
cellSens is for research and educational use only.