The IX71's modular frame and optical design provides 9 access ports for multiple input or output devices. Up to four ports can have simultaneous access to a primary image. The IX71 system can easily accommodate multi-wavelength, advanced fluorescence techniques.
IX71 INVERTED MICROSCOPE OVERVIEW
The IX71 begins with a unique two-tiered, V-shape optical design that provides tremendous versatility and bright images with minimal reflections or frame modifications.
The Olympus two-tiered optical system creates access to an upper and lower rear port without modifying the stage or fluorescence raypath. Rear ports facilitate the mounting of cameras and laser scan heads while keeping the sides of the microscope free for additional equipment.
Newly developed for the IX2 microscopes is a dual camera adapter for the left side port that permits two-camera access to a primary image. The adapter also accepts a dichromatic mirror for spectral separation between cameras.
Frame stability has been improved by utilizing an external power supply to reduce heat generation and thermal expansion. The frame is computer designed and constructed of cast ADC-12 aluminum for improved rigidity and stability. A redesigned nosepiece focus assembly results in greater stability over prolonged observations.
The single reflection V-lightpath and improved apochromatic relay lens provide single reflection, high intensity, highly corrected images.
All Microscope controls are ergonomically placed and vibration-free in operation. Improved condensers have adjustable click stops.
New DIC condenser with optional water immersion lens provides 3.7mm of working distance with a 0.9 NA and includes a 40° access angle that is excellent for patch clamp electrodes.
Straight or L-Shaped fluorescence illuminators have high UV transmission at 340nm and combine with the six-position filter cube turret to provide outstanding fluorescence brightness and system flexibility.
- Superior frame stability and vibration-free operation make the IX71 well suited for stable observations such as patch clamping.
- Frame is computer designed, cast from ADC-12 aluminum and utilizes an external power supply for improved structural and thermal stability.
- New nosepiece focus mechanism is shorter in mechanical length and provides greater nosepiece support for improved stability during prolonged observations.
- Compact design with reduced footprint frees up critical bench space for external equipment.
- Waterproof nosepiece guide protects internal optics from spills; dust-proof design reduces deterioration of internal optical surfaces.
- Frame includes pre-tapped mounts for easy attachment of micro manipulators or other accessories.
- New high NA Water Immersion/DIC Condenser System includes a 0.9NA, a generous 40° pipette access angle and 3.7 mm of working distance for patch clamping.
- Redesigned condensers have adjustable click-stops for reduced vibrations.
- Microscope frame and stages feature mounting points for grounding electrodes.
- Two 12V/100W illumination columns tilt rearward giving superior access to the specimen area for manipulator setup. Condenser rack also tilts rearward, independent of the illuminator column.
- The 100W illumination columns have a pre-tapped hole for manipulator mounting. Provides rearward tilt to manipulator assembly for easy specimen access.
- Exclusive dual condenser 100W illumination column permits the attachment of two condensers with the ability to quickly switch between them.
- The 100W single condenser column has increased condenser travel for newly designed relief contrast and motorized condensers.
- A low cost 6V/30W illuminator is also available.
Optical Features and Optical Efficiency
- Frame has a two-tiered optical design and 9 input/output ports for outstanding system flexibility.
- Up to 4 ports can have simultaneous access to a primary image allowing high quality, high speed, chromatically separated imaging.
- Two rear ports are available without modifying the position of the stage, fluorescence illuminator or nosepiece assembly.
- Single reflection, V-shaped optical path with apochromat relay lenses provides single reflection, high quality, bright images to the observation tubes.
- Binocular, tilting binocular and trinocular observation tubes available.
- Frame incorporates a 1.6x (optional 2x) magnification changer offering increased magnification to eyepieces and cameras without changing objectives.
- Improved straight illuminator is 20% brighter than previous Olympus models, with improved optical elements.
- New L-Shaped illuminator features an Aperture stop, Field Stop, and easy burner centration.
- Six-position fluorescence filter turret with adjustable click-stops features illuminated position indicators for filter identification in subdued light.