Multiphoton microscopy provides the greatest imaging depths in some of the most challenging samples, and demands highest sensitivity. With optical designs dedicated to providing the deepest penetration depths and light collection efficiency, the FV1200MPE Basic provides powerful tools for a wide range of applications. Configured with standard visible confocal capability and a range of descanned and non-descanned detector options, the MPE Basic is an ideal tool for core facilities and researchers with a broad range of research needs.
HIGH SPEED OPTOGENETICS and UNCAGING: The freedom to choose your own path
Standard raster scanning modes are not capable of measuring high speed physiology with high signal-to-noise. Olympus’ innovative Multipoint Mapping Advanced Software (MMASW) provides a solution for the most demanding high speed measurements. Using methods similar to Random Access Scanning and Targeted Path Scanning, users have the freedom to choose their own rapid multipoint measurement or stimulation paths.
Each scanned position can be expanded to a larger area.
Silver galvanometer mirrors drive the scan, ensuring access to full field of view and multicolor scanning capability with excellent light throughput for both visible and IR lasers.
Measure cell network fluctuations at up to 101 cycles per second, with up to 50,000 Hz data output per position. High signal-to-noise integration times to capture the data you need.
Use the Mapping feature to quickly identify fluorescence fluctuation positions or areas of high signal and automatically assign positions for high speed measurements.
Map cellular responses to simultaneous stimulus with Olympus’ unique SIM scanner for optogenetics or uncaging experiments (FV1200MPE BASIC and TWIN only).
Synchronize detection with electrophysiology or other external devices.
High speed electrophysiology, calcium measurements, optogenetics and FRAP/FLIP experiments. SIM scanner stimulation synchronized with imaging ensures cell responses during or immediately following stimulation are captured as they happen.
The stimulation/imaging positions and laser wavelengths can be set separately with two independent beams.
NEW! Gallium Arsenide Phosphide (GaAsP) Detector Unit
- Reach greater imaging depths with higher quantum efficiency
- High-sensitivity detection for dim samples
- High signal-to-noise ratio
NEW! ASW Software
- Advanced ASW software 4.0 breaking the RAM barrier
- Collect and open files beyond 150GB in a single multichannel Z stack
- Use ASW montage software for large-area mosaic imaging
- Match with new SCALEVIEW reagent and XLPLN 25XSVMP objective to generate 4mm deep images at and beyond Nyquist
ULTRA 25X MPE Water Immersion Objective
A powerful new addition to the Olympus lineup of super-high NA objectives, the ULTRA 25x is a 25x, NA 1.05 water immersion objective designed specifically for multiphoton imaging. When used with the Olympus FluoView FV1200MPE multiphoton microscope system, the ULTRA 25x offers researchers unprecedented performance.
Engineered Specifically for Two-Photon Excitation & Deep Imaging
- Two-photon dedicated optical design for optimal performance in the NIR range
- New coatings deliver more than 82% transmittance from 400nm to 1000nm
- Deep imaging correction collar creates a very tight focusing spot, ideal for multiphoton excitation
- Correction collar also compensates for index mismatching caused by the refractive index difference between immersion media (water) and specimen
- Fluorescence signal can be detected through the full 1.05 NA, filling the entire back aperture and improving fluorescence detection efficiency
Patch Clamping Angle Coupled with High-NA Design
- NA of 1.05 is achieved, with 35° of access to the specimen
Designed for use with or without Cover Slip
- No performance degradation in the focusing spot by using a cover slip
- Objective design offers excellent compensation for either cover slip or non-cover slip applications
- Design allows higher photon energy in the focusing spot, enabling increased throughput
The MicroProbe objectives (MPO), a new class of objective lenses, were developed to obtain high resolution images in vivo. MicroProbe objectives have a unique design employing a characteristically long, narrow tip, as slim as 1.3mm in diameter. These innovative objectives have been optimized for insertion into an animal''''s body allowing observation of various fluorescence signatures. MicroProbe objectives are often referred to as "Stick Lenses" by researchers and are available in magnifications of 27x, 20x, and 6x.
|Model||Lens Diameter||NA||W.D.(mm)||Practical Field of View(mm)||Immersion Media||Magnification|
- Slim diameter with true objective-type performance. The diameters of the MicroProbe objectives are 1.3mm (6x and 20x) and 3.5mm (27x). All three lenses have 200 microns of working distance.
- Transmission and chromatic correction throughout the visible and near infrared (NIR) spectra (450 to 1000nm) provide deeper penetration and excellent image quality. The transmission across these wavelengths ranges from 62% to 78%.
- Miniaturized, slender tip of the objectives give researchers access to deep imaging within an animal without the need for fiber optics or lower performance optical systems.
- Excellent imaging resolution and light collection capability for intra-vital imaging with the MPO high numerical aperture design.